Here are some common problems and solutions to help you get SofaPlay working.
Q: SofaPlay doesn’t find my TV/Media Device:
- Turn your TV/media device completely off and quit SofaPlay on your Mac.
- Make sure both your Mac and your TV/media device are connected to the same network.
- Start SofaPlay.
- As soon as SofaPlay is in waiting mode, turn on your TV/media device.
Bonus: If you have access to the configuration panel of your router/modem, make sure upnp/dlna is enabled.
This should resolve the issue: If this doesn’t work please send us the model number/identifier of your router and media device.
Q: SofaPlay finds my Xbox One but media files won’t play:
Please check if your Xbox One is properly configured for SofaPlay to work:
- Install the Xbox Music and Video app from the Xbox One Store.
- Open both Apps at least once.
- Enable Streaming in the Settings: Go to Settings > Preferences > “Allow Play To Streaming” and check it.
Your Question isn’t listed here or the answer doesn’t fix your problem? Please contact us directly so we can help you.